Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Frozen Hot Chocolate is a popular drink that is taking the world by storm! It’s a playful adult spin on the classic drink featuring coconut rum, galliano, sprinkles, coconut, and caramel. Add some pizzazz to your winter parties with this frigid drink and everyone will be pleased.
Even adults love the movie Frozen and enjoy sipping on themed drinks. And even if they aren’t a fan of Frozen, no one can resist this incredible hot chocolate! Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make too, so there are many reasons to love it.
Whenever I host a party, you can bet money that I am going to make some cute or fun drinks for the adults. Everyone loves it and has grown to expect it too. If you are like me then you really need to try this recipe and watch everyone go wild for the frozen hot chocolate.
Why You’ll Love Frozen Hot Chocolate
- It’s utterly delicious and irresistible.
- Everyone will love how cute it looks, so it’s great for entertaining.
- You only need a handful of ingredients.
- It only takes a few minutes to throw together.
- You can make large batches for a crowd.
- White Hot Chocolate Mix – We prefer white chocolate hot chocolate for this recipe because it’s sweet and has a richer flavor. You could swap it for regular hot chocolate if you’d rather, but it’s completely up to you.
- Blue Food Coloring – The key to get the proper color is to use gel food coloring. The blue color makes the drink extra festive for winter get-togethers.
- Caramel Sauce – The sweetness from the caramel pairs lovely with the white hot chocolate. Plus, the caramel is pretty tasty on it’s own, so I won’t tell anyone if you sneak a taste!
- Shredded Coconut – Adding some shredded coconut takes it to the next level. You can go with sweetened or unsweetened.
- Whipped Cream – Topping the hot chocolate with whipped cream is so good.
- Blue Sprinkles – I don’t think you are ever too old for sprinkles! Plus, they add some wintery goodness to the drink too.
- Galliano – Sweet and a little bit spicy, galliano is one of my favorite alcohols to add to hot chocolate.
- Coconut Rum – Mixing coconut rum into the hot chocolate is rich, creamy, and delicious.
- Mugs – You for sure need to have some cute mugs to serve the frozen hot chocolate in!
How To Make Frozen Hot Chocolate
Just a few steps and you will have an incredible drink to spi on! Let’s take a look at the easy to follow steps:
- Make the white hot chocolate using the directions on the packaging. Add the blue food coloring gel to the white hot chocolate. Use a stir stick, or spoon to mix until it reaches the desired color of blue. Pour in the galliano and coconut rum into the hot chocolate mix.
- Swir the caramel sauce on a shallow plate and the coconut on another plate. Dip the rim of a mug into the caramel sauce then into the shredded coconut.
- Add the blue hot chocolate into each of the mugs.
- Add some whipped cream and add some blue sprinkles on top. Sip and enjoy!
Frozen Hot Chocolate FAQs
Can This Drink Be Kid-Friendly?
Yep, it’s simple to make the drink kid-friendly. You only need to leave out the alcohol and follow the rest of the directions. If you are serving both adults and kids, I recommend using 2 different types of mugs so there is no mistaking which ones are non-alcoholic and which ones have alcohol.
Can You Make This Drink Cold?
Sure you can! What you will need to do is prepare the hot chocolate, add the food coloring and alcohol. Then add it to a high-quality blender with some ice cubes. Mix until it is cold, creamy, and smooth. Top with the whipped cream and sprinkles and drink with a straw. Enjoy!
Is It Okay To Change The Colors?
Of course! You can swap the blue food coloring for any color you like. Same with the sprinkles. You could use red food coloring and green sprinkles for Christmas, or go with pink and red for Valentine’s Day. Or for an extra fun color combination, use green food coloring and rainbow sprinkles for St. Patrick’s Day! Really there are no wrong color combinations so play around to see what you like. Make the hot chocolate to match your party or event theme.
More Easy Hot Chocolate Recipes
- Toasty Hot Chocolate Cocktail
- Boozy S’mores Hot Chocolate
- After Eight Hot Chocolate