This Canada Day long weekend, I found myself in a liquor store. It’s shocking, I know.
While there, I overheard a fellow asking the clerk if they had any Malibu. If. Ha – of course they did! This fellow was after my own heart. When it comes to liquor, I haven’t really graduated beyond “teenage girl flavours” according to my spouse.
But guess what?
That’s perfectly okay. Plus, it’s summer time now and these Malibu Ice Pops are just the thing to provide some adult refreshment on a hot day.
Have I told you yet how ridiculously easy these are? The key is to get the right balance of alcohol to other ingredients, to make sure they still freeze.
If you’re not patient enough to wait for these to freeze, and hey, I don’t blame you there, you could make these beautiful (and easy!) Pineapple Malibu Rum Cocktails.
Don’t these just scream summer? They’re super easy, too. Delight your friends.
Just maybe keep them away from your teenagers?
Malibu Ice Pops Recipe
- Malibu Rum
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Popsicle Mold
- The very first thing you are going to want to do is take your popsicle mold apart by removing the popsicle sticks.
- Then, fill each section of the mold with a quarter of Malibu Rum. I know it doesn’t sound like much, but the more alcohol you add, the less frozen your popsicle will be.
- You don’t want a slush puppy! A quarter of Malibu makes a perfectly textured Malibu ice pops! Nice and frozen!
- Grab your bottle of Sprite and top each section of the mold off.
- To make your Malibu rum popsicles extra tropical, take a like and squeeze a little bit of fresh lime juice into each section.
- It’s now time to take those popsicle sticks and place them back into the mold. Once you have your mold back together, place your popsicles in the freezer for several hours.
- Once your Malibu ice pops are frozen solid. Rinse your mold off with a little bit of hot water. This will loosen the popsicles just enough to slide right out of the mold without breaking.
- Serve & Enjoy!