Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
When you truly love a drink, it’s important to know all there is to know about it! Or, at least be able to effectively BS about it! This Whisky Fizz cocktail is to die for, but first, we want you to know all there is to know about the whiskey we put in it!
No liquor has the ability to stir up a conversation quite like whiskey can. So, in an effort to up your BS game and start up a conversation with just one drink, we are going to arm you with some BS about whiskey that way you can pretend to know what you’re talking about.
What is Cinnamon Whisky?
This flavorful berry cocktail is made with a delicious punch of cinnamon whiskey. If you aren’t sure what cinnamon whiskey is, think FireBall! Yes, FireBall is whiskey…I was shocked, too! Over the last couple of decades, cinnamon whiskey has become one of the most popular types of spirits on the market. It’s consumed in mixed drinks, fizzy cocktails, and of course by shots. This sweetly, hot whiskey has made a reputation for itself. Here are the 5 most popular brands:
- Obviously Fireball Cinnamon Whisky
- Jack Daniel’s Tennesee Fire
- Jim Beam Kentucky Fire Whiskey
- Jim Beam Red Stag Spiced
- Jeremiah Weed Cinnamon Flavored Whiskey
For fun, it is best consumed while dancing to Pitbull’s song FireBall.
Cinnamon Whisky Fireball Facts
Now that you know what cinnamon whiskey is, here are some facts you probably didn’t know. In any sense, these are great conversation starters to BS your crowd!
- Its Motto is Completely accurate. “It tastes like heaven, but burns like hell.”
- Fireball was not the original name. It was originally named Dr. McGillicuddy’s Fireball Cinnamon Whisky.
- It’s Kosher. Well, kind of. Its ingredients and production process fits within kosher guidelines and has been certified for sale in Israel. So, pretty close.
- Nashville gave whiskey its start. Nashville may be popular for music, but it is also where emerging whiskey brands get their start.
- Many celebrities have endorsed it. Josh Harris, Chris Pratt, Chase Rice, Blake Shelton, Easton Corbin, and Jim Colyer are just a few that have called it like it is.
Whisky Fizz Cocktail
Now that you have your talking points ready to go, its time to start making this kickass cocktail. This recipe makes two drinks so you can drink it with another whiskey lover like yourself (or not)! Here’s what you need.
- ½ cup fresh Blackberries
- 3oz Cinnamon Whisky, like Fireball
- Ginger Ale Soda
How to Make a Whiskey Fizz Cocktail
This recipe is super easy to make and absolutely delicious!
Your First Step: Mash your blackberries with a tablespoon of water, and strain the juice.
Second Step: Pour 1.5oz of cinnamon whiskey into two glasses.
Third Step: Split the blackberry juice between the glasses, and gently stir.
Fourth Step: Top with ginger ale, and garnish with blackberries and rosemary if desired.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you will love our other cocktails. Check them out:
- Genie Juice Cocktail
- 20 Red, White, and Blue Drink Ideas
- 10 Delicious Margaritas to Make this Summer
Don’t have time to try all these cocktails right now? Pin them to Pinterest so you can easily find them later!