Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Are you on the Keto diet, but still want to have some fun at your party? These Keto Jello Shots let you have fun without feeling guilty about breaking your diet.
What is the Keto Diet?
The Keto diet is an extremely low carb, high-fat diet. It is similar to the various low carb diets as well as the Atkins diet.
In this diet, you reduce your carbohydrate intake and replace it with fat. When you reduce your carbs this drastically, it puts your body into a metabolic state called ketosis.
During ketosis, your body becomes efficient at burning fat. Because you are not using carbs for energy, your body must use fat as energy. Therefore, your fat is turned into ketones in the liver so that it can supply energy to the brain.
Because keto diets focus on low carbs and high fat, drinking alcoholic beverages on the diet can be tricky. This is because many mixers put into alcoholic drinks contain sugar and other carbs. Only pure alcohols are safe to drink on the Keto diet.
Below, you will find a Keto-friendly Jello shots recipe that won’t throw you out of ketosis!
Keto Rummy Bear Jello Shots
Made with sugar-free gummies, sugar-free Jello, and rum these Rummy bear jello shots are the perfect alcoholic treat for anyone on the Keto diet. With sugar-free ingredients, you won’t be getting any additional carbs. In addition, rum is a pure form of alcohol which means it is completely free of carbs.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
- Set Time: 3 hours
- Servings: 12 shots per box of Jello
- Net Carbs: 0 net carbs
- 1 Box of Sugar-free Jello
- 1 c. Water
- 1 c. Rum, vodka or other alcohol of your choosing
- Sugar-free gummy bears
- Shot cups
How to Make Keto Jello Shots
Making a Keto-friendly version of Jello shots is actually just as simple as making regular Jello shots. The only difference is that you use low carb ingredients such as sugar-free Jello and gummies. Follow the steps below for a Rummy bear good time!
1. Place 1 cup of water into a pot, and bring to a low boil on the stove.
2. As soon as the water boils, remove it from the heat and add in the box of sugar-free Jello. Whisk until completely dissolved.
3. Pour 1 cup of alcohol of your choice into the Jello mixture, and whisk until combined.
4. Pour the Jello mixture into 12 shot cups, and allow to cool for several minutes.
5. Once the Jello is cool, place a sugar-free gummy bear into the center of each shot.
6. Place the Jello shots into the fridge to set for a minimum of 3 hours.
7. You can repeat the steps above with additional flavors of sugar-free Jello to create a rainbow of colorful Jello shots.
8. Once the Jello is set, it will wiggle and jiggle just like it should.
9. Your Jello shots are ready! Enjoy!
If you are making these ahead of time, you can keep them in the refrigerator until the time of your party. For additional Keto-friendly alcohol choices, check out How to Drink Alcohol on a Keto Diet! Don’t forget to check out our other Keto Alcoholic Drinks to Keep You in Ketosis!
Want to save this recipe for your next party? Pin it to your Pinterest board so you can find it easily!
What did you think of this Rummy Bear Jello Shot recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments below!