Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
You may know that California is quite popular for its wine regions. The third largest and fastest growing wine region in California is Paso Robles. Also known as Pass of the Oaks, Paso Robles is located between San Francisco and Los Angeles and a great wine tasting destination.
Things to Know about Paso Robles
Although Paso Robles is thriving in the wine industry, it is also full of rich history and culture. Here are a few things to know about Paso Robles if you are planning a trip to this intriguing wine country:
- It’s named after the oak trees. “The Pass of the Oaks” was given to the town in 1889 for its beautiful and abundant oak trees.
- The Spanish and Franciscans introduced wine grapes. In 1797, the Spanish conquistadors and Franciscan missionaries introduced wine to this fabulous region.
- It’s also Almond Capital of the World. There are over 25,000 acres of almond orchards in Paso Robles making it the largest concentration of almond orchards in the world.
- There’s a Paso Robles App. Seriously, you can download the app to find wineries, tasting trails, shuttles, limos, tours, restaurants, events, and more.
- You will find popular wine varietals. The most widely planted varitals found in Paso Robles are Cabernet, Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, Chardonnay, Zinfandel, and Sauvignon Blanc.
This thriving wine region is one of California’s best kept secrets with its rolling hills, 27 miles of sandy beaches, and benefits of a suburban-rural community with a small town feel. With over 200 wineries nearby, there is no lack of places to go wine tasting in Paso Robles.
Where to Go Wine Tasting in Paso Robles
Although you could use the Paso Robles city app to get you to some great wineries, we would like to share some of our favorite wine tasting locations in Paso Robles. Here’s where to go wine tasting!
If you go wine tasting at any of these wineries in Paso Robles, we are Have you visited any of these amazing wineries in Paso Robles? We would
sure you will have a fabulous experience!
love to hear about your experiences in the comments below! If you have other
wineries you think are amazing, go ahead and share those as well for other
readers to enjoy!
If you go wine tasting at any of these wineries in Paso Robles, we are
Have you visited any of these amazing wineries in Paso Robles? We would