When was the last time you had a dry ice drink?
I bet it was fun! My friends in university used to make a point of doing dry ice drinks at least once a year, because the party wow factor is unbeatable!
If you are going to host a party, picking up some dry ice is a surefire way to create a memorable evening and some absolute show-stopper cocktails.
It’s quite affordable and as long as you live in a city or a town with some industrial activity, it’s probably very easy to purchase. A quick google should lead you to a local place to buy dry ice. Often, you can ask your grocery store or local butcher, as they sometimes receive shipments packed in dry ice.
When you get it, make sure you never, ever touch it with your hands, as it will burn you.
Cave of Wonder Cocktail
Have you heard that there is a new Aladdin movie being released in May 2019? This is just the cocktail to celebrate!
It’s just gorgeous.. and so much fun to watch!
I mean, look at those gorgeous fog bubbles roll off the top!
Naturally, it’s also pretty easy to make – the secret is the dry ice!
Take some pineapple vodka, to give it a good depth of flavour and add it to your glass:
Next up, add some cherry liqueur (measurements below):
Top with a touch of grenadine and lemon-lime soda:
Now it’s time for the piece de resistance! Add the dry ice and serve immediately. Dim the lights to make it look extra cool!
Cave of Wonder Cocktail Recipe Steps
Makes 2 Drinks
- 3oz Pineapple Vodka
- 3oz Cherry Liqueur
- 2 Small Splashes Grenadine
- Sprite or Lemon-Lime Soda
- Dry Ice
- Pour 1.5oz pineapple vodka, 1.5oz cherry liqueur, and a splash of grenadine into two glasses, and stir well.
- Top off with Sprite until there is about an inch until the top of the glass (it will bubble over if it is more full).
- Using a plastic or wooden utensil, add a small piece of dry ice into each drink.
***DO NOT USE YOUR HANDS TO HANDLE DRY ICE***
- The dry ice will melt within a few minutes, and enjoy!
For another delicious pineapple cocktail, try this Refreshing Pineapple Rum Cocktail.