Looking for a fun spin on the classic margarita recipe? Look no further than this creamy margarita!
This creamy margarita cocktail recipe will go down smoooooth and silky, as it’s made with decadent half and half cream.
I am a huge fan of easy cocktails and this is definitely one. Cocktails always have a wow factor that you can’t achieve with other drinks, even when they are ridiculously easy to make (as long as you have the ingredients on hand, which, to be fair, may be the hardest part).
The following photos may play tricks on your eyes, all you have to do to make this creamy margarita cocktail is dump a few ingredients into a shaker.
If that’s too much, may I recommend instead this Pineapple Rum Cocktail? It’s also a good cocktail if you have a dairy allergy. Alternatively, substitute some full fat coconut milk into this, it’s my go-to dairy replacement because it maintains the creaminess!
Let’s take a look at those pictures now…
Freshly squeezed lime juice, on the rocks with some simple syrup to sweeten it up.
Tequila, the star of the hour.
Cream, for a unique margarita!
Creamy Margarita Cocktail Recipe
Makes 2 Margaritas
- 4oz Tequila
- 3oz Lime Juice (freshly squeezed)
- 3oz Simple Syrup
- 2oz Half & Half
Simple Syrup Ingredients:
- ½ C. Sugar
- ½ C. Water
- Begin by making your simple syrup. Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium high heat.
- Stir often until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Set aside to cool and slightly thicken.
- Squeeze your limes (2 large) until you have 3 ounces of juice, and set aside.
- Fill a shaker halfway with ice, and add in all of your ingredients.
- Shake well and pour into two glasses.
- Garnish with a lime wedge if desired, and enjoy immediately!