Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
This enchanting boozy hot chocolate recipe is magically infused with a white chocolate flavor, and notes of black currants and cocoa. The fun and fantastical appearance though, is what just might pull you in! Our mystical Unicorn hot chocolate recipe is a delightfully warm spiked brew to dazzle your dinner guests well into the evening. Serve up these dashing and refreshing mugs of delicious to your friends and family any time of year!
Boozy Unicorn Hot Chocolate Recipe
Despite a fabulous and eye-catching color palate, this boozy adult hot chocolate has the most perfectly balanced flavor to compliment any evening treats you might have planned. Plus, it can even stand alone as a sweet and satisfying desert of its own.
White chocolate, creamy liqueur and marshmallows pair spectacularly well with just about any sweets, treats and goodies you’ve got planned. This doesn’t just have to serve as a dessert either. We love this hot chocolate cocktail any time of day. And, especially for a themed get together! Plan a whimsical and enchanting adult unicorn themed party for an unforgettable bash with these delicious drinks.
Your guests will find the perfect balance in this hot chocolate, which is the combination of rich, creamy and sweet flavors.
What is Creme de Cassis?
Crème de Cassis is a sweet liqueur derived from blackcurrants. It’s very popular in after-dinner cocktails and drinks, providing a deep and sweet flavor and red appearance. It provides not only color, but a sweet fragrance and decadent flavor to our boozy unicorn hot chocolate recipe.
Check out our recipe below, and whip up some of these easy to make boozy hot chocolates for you and your mystical guests!
Prep Time 15 Minutes
- White Hot Chocolate Mix
- 2 oz Creme de Cacao
- 2 oz Creme de Casis
- Mini Marshmallows
- Unicorn Sprinkles
- Gel Food Coloring
- Small Bowls
- Soup spoon
- Prepare white hot chocolate according to the package instructions, in a large measuring cup or container.
- Split evenly into 3 small bowls.
- Add 2 oz Creme de Cacao to one of the small bowls and 2 oz Creme de Casis to another of the small bowls. (Skip to make non-alcoholic unicorn hot chocolate.)
- Carefully (you may want to use gloves!), select a dark colour like blue, dip your toothpick into the gel food coloring and then mix into the bowl containing the hot chocolate and Creme de Casis.
- Repeat with a clean toothpick and add purple to another small bowl, mixing until the color is vibrant and evenly dispersed. Add pink to the final bowl of hot chocolate.
- Starting with the purple, slowly pour half into the bottom of your glass mug. Next take the blue and slowly pour it over the back of the spoon into the glass, trying to keep the colors separate in the glasses. They will blend a bit, that’s ok. Repeat for both glasses.
- Top each glass off with the pink, slowly pouring onto the back of the spoon to keep the colors separate.
- Add mini-marshmallows and sprinkles to the tops of the glasses and enjoy the fun melding color swirls!