Winter Wonderland Warm Up Cocktail is utterly incredible. Sipping on this warm boozy drink will give you hints of hazelnut, and coconut. It will keep you feeling cozy even on the coldest of days. Serve this adult cocktail at parties or all your winter events.
If you haven’t had a drink with coconut rum and amaretto yet, this is the perfect one to try. The combination gives you a toasted hazelnut flavor that is mind-blowingly good. Unless you don’t like those flavors in general, you are bound to love this drink.
Sometimes we serve this alcoholic drink when we have winter get-togethrs, but just as often we have them on those cold evenings before bed. It’s going to make you feel warm from the inside out and you may even get a little tipsy.
Related: These cocktail shakers are perfect for mixing up a delightful holiday treat for your guests!
Why You’ll Love This Cocktail
- It’s super easy to make.
- Everyone loves how great it tastes.
- You can customize the cocktail without a lot of extra effort.
- Each recipe makes 2 drinks, so you can share or keep them for yourself!
- Great for parties, bonfires, and holiday get-togethers.
With just 3 main ingredients and 3 optional ingredients, you will see that you can make this winter wonderland warm up cocktail in a variety of ways. Take a peek:
- White Hot Chocolate Mix – While you can use regular hot chocolate, I think that the white hot chocolate adds a new element of irresistible flavors.
- Coconut Rum – The creamy rich flavor of coconut rum is a must for this winter cocktail. It’s so delicious and pairs perfectly with the rest of the ingredients.
- Amaretto – I love drinking amaretto on it’s own, but when I add it to this cocktail it takes on a whole new “wow” factor!
- Mini Marshmallows – While optional, they really add to the character and style of this drink.
- Chocolate Sauce – I can’t resist adding chocolate sauce, but you can skip it if it’s not your thing.
- Caramel Sauce – Another tasty addition that also adds to the charm and style of the drink too.
How To Make Winter Wonderland Warm Up Cocktail
There are only 2 steps and they are both EASY! Just imagine all the time you can spend relaxing with a drink in your hand instead of working in the kitchen. 🙂
- Prepare the hot chocolate following the packaging directions. Pour it evenly into 2 mugs. Then add an ounce of the coconut rum into each cup. Followed by an ounce of amaretto into each mug. Stir until combined.
- Top with some mini marshmallows, caramel sauce, and chocolate sauce. Drink and enjoy!
Optional White Hot Chocolate Cocktail Variations
As always, there are a few things you can do to customize your drinks. Here are a few of our favorite ideas:
- Garnish with toasted coconut. Yep! Toasted coconut is the perfect ingredient to add to this drink. Simply toast coconut in a dry skillet and stir constantly until light golden brown. Dip the rim of the mug in some chocolate or caramel sauce and then into the coconut. Or sprinkle the toasted coconut on top.
- Don’t forget the hazelnuts. If you love the flavor of amaretto, you will also enjoy some crushed hazelnuts. Sprinkle them on top of the hot cocoa before serving.
- Add some candy! Go wild and add some toffee bits, chopped chocolate pieces, or broken candy bars. Place them on top as a garnish before serving.
- Use colored marshmallows. You can find all sorts of colored marshmallows nowadays. Add your favorite to make a fun theme and add some vibrane to the drinks.
Winter Wonderland Cocktail Recipe
Serves 2 x 12 oz mugs
- White Hot Chocolate Mix
- 2 oz coconut rum
- 2 oz amaretto
- mini marshmallows (optional)
- chocolate sauce (optional)
- caramel sauce (optional)
Make white chocolate according to package directions and split into two mugs. Add 1 oz each coconut rum and amaretto to each mug. Stir.
Optional: top each mug with a handful of mini marshmallows, then drizzle with chocolate sauce and caramel sauce.
Winter Wonderland Warm Up Cocktail FAQs
Can You Make This Cocktail For A Crowd?
Certainly! I recommend preparing as much hot chocolate as you want. Then to keep it warm, pour it into a slow cooker. I find it is best to keep it on the warm setting, but if your slow cooker doesn’t have that you can turn it on low. You will need to stir it from time to time and if you used milk or another dairy liquid for the hot chocolate you want to make sure not to let it heat too much. Putting the heat on high would cause any milk products to curdle and no one is going to want that.
Can I Serve This Drink To Kids?
Nope, not with the alcohol at least. If you want to make a kid-friendly version, simply leave out the alcohol. It will basically be white hot chocolate with whatever garnishes you choose. Kids will LOVE it, especially if you let them help add the chocolate or caramel sauce and the marshmallows. You could also give kids some crushed chocolate, nuts, or coconut to add to their mugs as well.