Red, White, and Blue! These 4th of July layered shots are a must make this independence day. Each layer has a different flavor for a delicious combo that will be a sure hit at your July 4th bash.
What’s in These 4th of July Layered Shots
Celebrate this beautiful country with this patriotic 4th of July Layered shots. It’s basically a sweet, tart, and rum fueled blast in a glass! The beautiful layers that show America’s colors are sure to impress everyone around you. It’s super easy to make and can be whipped up right before your party guests arrive. Check out our fill ingredients and instructions below!
We Love to Garnish Shots!
Garnishing is always optional but in our opinion always a must!
For these 4th of July layered shots we suggest having some strawberries and blueberries on hand. Cut them up and offer them on the side for guests to put in their drinks or enjoy a healthy snack.
Maraschino cherries are also an easy go to garnish for any drink.
If you want to get fancy grab some pineapple and use a metal star cookie cutter and cut some stars out of the pineapple. This will make your patriotic shots even better, trust us! Not to mention the creative touch is sure to impress everyone.
To add a little more flare to your drinks consider buying some sparklers and have them available. It’s not a party without some sparklers after all!
Make it a Non-Alcoholic Layered Shot
If you are hosting a 4th of July BBQ this summer you may want to offer a non-alcoholic option for those not drinking or for kids that may be attending.
- Replace your blue curacao with a blue juice, for this you can pick any blue juice you like. Koolaid, blueberry juice, or whatever drink you can think of that’s blue.
- For Malibu Rum aka the white layer we suggest a white cranberry juice. If you would prefer to stick with similar flavors your best bet would be a pineapple juice, however that will change your white layer to yellow. So keep that in mind when selecting your juice.
- Lastly, with your red layer you can use regular cranberry juice, fruit punch, cherry juice, the list goes on. Your best bet for matching similar flavors to the Grenadine is cherry, since grenadine is often mistaken for a cherry flavor, however it’s actually typically made from pomegranate juice! Who knew!
These juices will make a delicious fruity drink kids and adults will enjoy. Make sure you label them so people know what shots are safe to drink! Enjoy!
Jello Shot Essentials
4th of July Layered Shots Recipe
Yield: 2 2oz shot glass
Prep Time: 6 min
Total Time: 6 min
- 2 oz Blue Curacao
- 2 oz Malibu Rum
- 2 oz Pina colada mix
- 2 oz Grenadine Liquor
- Add grenadine liquor to the base of shot glass, stopping 1/3rd of the way up
- Using a shaker, combine the malibu rum and pina colada mix
- Place an upside down spoon, in the shot glass against the glass, slightly above the first layer
- Slowly pour the Malibu rum over the back of the spoon. You will need to do this slowly to prevent gravity from causing the white layer to mix with the red layer. Pour about 1/3rd of a second layer
- Using the same spoon again, repeating the same step, slowly pour blue curacao over the back of the spoon slowly to avoid the liquor from blending with the white layer
4th of July Layered Shots
These patriotic red, white, and blue layered jello shots are perfect for all your 4th of July festivities.
- 2 oz Blue Curaçao
- 2 oz Malibu Rum
- 2 oz pina colada mix
- 2 oz Grenadine Liquor
- Add grenadine liquor to the base of shot glass, stopping 1/3rd of the way up.
- Using a shaker, combine the Malibu rum and pina colada mix.
- Place an upside down spoon, in the shot glass against the glass, slightly above the first layer.
- Slowly pour the Malibu rum over the back of the spoon. You will need to do this slowly to prevent gravity from causing the white layer to mix with the red layer.
- Pour about 1/3rdof a second layer. Using the same spoon again, repeating the same step, slowly pour blue curacao over the back of the spoon slowly to avoid the liquor from blending with the white layer.