Snowfall Sipper Vegan Boozy Hot Chocolate is warm, creamy, delicious and the perfect way to get the party started. Made with vegan ingredients, it’s sure to be your new favorite chocolate cocktail. You can whip up this hot drink up in minutes and it’s a great addition to your holiday spread.
Spiked hot chocolate has been around for many years, but I have been playing with a lot of fun recipes. I’m basically obsessed with this vegan boozy hot chocolate. It takes all the parts I love about traditional hot chocolate, plus some alcohol and vegan ingredients. While I am not completely vegan, I do like to limit my dairy sometimes.
I’m happy to share this hot chocolate recipe with you, so you can enjoy the oh-so fuzzy feeling you get while sipping on it. I mean how could you not want to dry hot cocoa slathered in chocolate sauce and marshmallows? YUM!
What You’ll Love About This Recipe
- It’s rich dark chocolate!
- 100% vegan.
- The combination of Almond Bailey’s and Amaretto is utterly incredible.
- Party lovers go wild for it.
- Anyone can make the hot chocolate even if you don’t have a lot of experience in the kitchen.
Seriously….you only need 5 ingredients! Once you taste the boozy hot chocolate you will be shocked that you don’t need a long list of ingredients. It’s that good and EASY!
- Castle Kitchen Caramel Dark Chocolate Mix – This is the STAR of these snowfall sippers! Why? Because this is the best hot chocolate mix ever and it’s vegan.
- Baileys Almande – This is such a fabulous addition to the cocktail. It’s made with almond milk and has an incredibly nutty flavor. It’s light and refreshing too.
- Amaretto – The yummy hazelnut flavor with the other ingredients is downright heavenly.
- Mini Marshmallows – Regular marshmallows are not vegan at all. These, however, are and they are DELICIOUS! I won’t even tell anyone if you sneak a handful to munch on.
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Sauce – If this sauce doesn’t have you smacking your lips and moaning, I don’t know what will. It’s incredible and makes the boozy hot chocolate gourmet.
How To Make This Snowfall Sipper Vegan Boozy Hot Chocolate Recipe
Just like my other alcoholic hot chocolates, this one is simple to make as well. A few steps and it’s time to start partying. Let’s get started!
- Make the hot chocolate according to the directions on the package. Pour it into 2 mugs.
- Pour in 2 ounces of the Bailey’s and 1 ounce of the amaretto into each mug. Stir gently.
- Add more hot chocolate mix if desired.
- Top with mini marshmallows and chocolate sauce.
- Sip and enjoy!
Pro Tip: Be sure to leave room at the top of the mug when you add the hot chocolate. You will need the space to add the alcohol and marshmallows.
Boozy Hot Chocolate Variations
This is a versatile recipe and you can make all sorts of adaptations. Here are some ideas that you may like to try soon.
- Not vegan, add dairy! If you aren’t vegan, that’s no problem! Go with regular marshmallows instead. Or make the hot chocolate mix with milk. You can also use regular Bailey’s too.
- Don’t forget the caramel. I’m always a fan of anything that combines chocolate and caramel together. This hot chocolate is no different. Use your favorite sauce and drizzle it before serving.
- Peppermints can be cool. Yep, adding some peppermint sticks is a great way to add some color and flavor.
- Add a dash of cocoa powder. I love the look of marshmallows and a sprinkle of cocoa powder. It’s pretty and tastes good too.
- Go ahead and add more alcohol. Want to make it extra boozy? Go wild and add some more shots of alcohol. Don’t forget to drink responsibly though.
Is It Okay To Toast The Marshmallows?
Absolutely! Toasting the marshmallows is a fantastic way to add more charm to the boozy hot chocolate. Toast them with a kitchen torch or put them on a lined baking sheet and broil for a few minutes until they are the toastiness you want.
What Are Some Other Garnish Ideas?
There are truly no wrong answers when it comes to garnishing the hot chocolate. Shaved chocolate, mini chocolate chips, candies, crushed peppermint, and crushed cookies are just a few ideas. If you have something that you want to include, go for it! A swirl of whipped cream is also a tasty idea too. Another thing I will do is add some cinnamon on occasion. Cinnamon and chocolate are a great combination, especially when the weather is cold.
More Warm Drinks
- Terry’s Smashing Adult Hot Chocolate
- Cozy Caramel Boozy Hot Chocolate
- Easy Spicy Mulled Cider With A Kick