Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Ahhh, gin. Nothing beats that crisp and refreshing juniper taste when it’s hot outside. Gin paired with a fruity mixer and a colorful garnish makes a great signature cocktail for an event. Or make an evening of it while sitting on your own patio with one of these gin cocktails that’s perfect for all summer festivities!
What Exactly is Gin?
Gin is a liquor that has to have some level of juniper flavor to be considered Gin. Gin is bottled with at least 40% alcohol by volume. The United States government defines gin as a liquid “produced by distillation or mixing of spirits with juniper berries and other aromatics or extracts.”
There are four main styles of Gin you may not know about:
- London Dry Gin: This is the one most people associate with Gin.
- Dutch Geneva: This Gin begins with a malted grain mash which is more like whisky than a neutral grain spirit like other Gins.
- Old Tom: Old Tom Gin adds sugar to the re-distillation process. Therefore, this is a sweeter Gin.
- Compound Gin: Most prevalent in the earlier days of Gin making, this Gin gains its flavor and aroma from essences that are added to the neutral grain spirit.
If you’re looking for fresh & fruity cocktails or fizzy & crisp cocktails, gin makes an awesome base - no matter the reason or season. What are some of your favorite gin cocktails?
Other Cocktails to Try
If you are looking for some other cocktails to try besides our Gin cocktails, we have some variety for you. Check out our favorites:
- Blackberry Alcoholic Drinks
- Lime Alcoholic Drinks
- Maleficent Raven Cocktail
- Unicorn Blood Cocktail
- Washington Apple Cocktail
- Classic Tom Collins Cocktail
Don’t have time to make these cocktails now? Pin this post to Pinterest so you can find it later!